PARTS ADVISOR - Kapuskasing
Assists internal and external customers with parts requests to ensure that the correct part is obtained the first time. This includes identifying correct parts and locating them in inventory or ordering the requested part. Assists in the operations of the Parts Departments by maintaining and tracking the parts inventory and accessories.
Reports To: Parts Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets all customers promptly, provides timely professional services.
- Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, asking questions to ensure understanding of needs, and supplying parts in a timely manner.
- Recommends related parts that are needed.
- Ensures necessary parts are available.
- Costs parts on invoice or repair order.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists service technicians in determining parts requirements.
- Maintains positive working relationships with vendors.
- Informs customers when special order parts have arrived
Skills required to perform principal/additional duties and responsibilities:
Achieving High Standards focuses on ensuring customer satisfaction, getting results, getting details right, and displaying professionalism and integrity. This includes anticipating customer needs, overcoming obstacles, and seeking solutions, self-starting rather than passively waiting for direction, accomplishing tasks and showing concern for all aspects of the job as well as following ethical standards set by the company. Working Effectively with Others focuses on valuing teamwork, listening, speaking and writing effectively, and influencing customers. This includes being aware of the impact of one’s own behavior on others, considering feelings and viewpoints of others, adjusting explanations for different audiences to ensure understanding, expressing ideas clearly in written text, and using appropriate communication styles to persuade others to change their opinion.
Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
- 1 year in an automotive parts environment preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moving throughout the Parts Department
- Using computer to look up information and write up orders
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards